Re: [OM] Focus Stacking in the wilds.

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Stacking in the wilds.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 13:13:02 -0700
On 5/24/2016 11:36 AM, ChrisB wrote:
I do like 4934 and 4943, Moose, although many of them are rather tasty.

Thanks, Chris!

I quite like those flowers, too. The little flowers in the clusters are about
3/8" across.

I thought of you and Carol the other day: my wife decided to spend a little
inheritance and buy a caravan which we can tow places on holidays.  It might be
a little larger than the Turtle, but the promise of freedom, even on this
little island, is very pleasing.

We looked at a LOT of different designs at a huge RV show. Both our self contained type and towed caravans have pros and cons; there's no perfect solution that I can see. We went with the type and size we did for a couple of local reasons. First, we can keep it at home, not at a remote location, which makes a huge difference in convenience.

Second, in the US, a vast number of sites in National, State and local parks were originally designed for tent campers, and can't accommodate RVs/caravans longer than 18-20 ft. And these are among our most desired places, out in the woods/wilds, rather than in cheek by jowl 'parks', where the view is other RVs and tarmac. Ours has the galley in front of the sliding side door. I really love cooking while looking out at nature.

Of course, some call them a “shed on wheels” rather disdainfully, but we plan
to have fun despite them :-)

Jealousy! I hope you have a ball!!

Travelin' Moose

.