Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Life in Tempe
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 05:49:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     That reminded me of a very funny story from when I was inn high school.
We had a neighbour named Herc who was a signalling linesman for the
Pennsylvania (later Penn Central) Railroad.  They had a large willow tree on
the south side of their 2-story houswe just outside the bedroom window.  A
Mockingbird decided to take up residence there and would sing its heart out in
the early morning.

     Herc was very direct with the way he dealt with things.  He's had enough
of the wakeup call, and one morning the bedroom window flew open and there was
a loud BLAM! when he pulled both triggers of his 12ga coach gun (a
double-bareled shotgun).  Thelma, his wife, was not aware he was going to do
this, and was so startled that she was all but glued to the ceiling.

     I liked Herc.  He could be counted on to step up to the plate, take
charge, and stand his ground.  When t came to construction he could do just
about anything.  Their home started out as a small one-story cinder block house
and he turned it into a solid 2-story structure, doing all of the work himself.

     He was an excellent father figure.

>> Picture in your mind if you will:  It's 4AM, and you're lying in bed
>... and the sound of a raucous bunch of birds getting up for a new day.
>It's pretty light out at 4am these mornings so I got up and stuck my
>head out to listen for a while and then went back to bed. It was a very
>long day yesterday. The I should try to record them sometime.
>
>Don't envy you Chris.

>--

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson