Re: [OM] Image resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Image resolution
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 08:01:17 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Hmmm...  I can see how that would be useful, provided that the portion of
the image needing the ND graduation has not been washed out due to
overexposure.  I suspect that you would need to underexpose the desired area to
avoid that.

     Using graduated ND filters takes some practice and patience.  I bought a
set of Cokin A graduated filters many years ago, and found them to be handy out
here where the sky can be terribly bright compared to the landscape.  Being
able to slide the graduated area up and down is pretty useful.

     I also bought a set of their split-field close-ups, but did not find them
to be very useful.  They did, however, help fill up empty space in the desk
drawer.  :{D

>If you use Lightroom, there's a devastatingly effective graduated ND filter
>available that, with a little bit of practice, can transform the way you
>work. It's much more usable than it first appears when opening it. For
>example, I have had occasion on a number of shots from top to bottom, then
>overlaid from bottom to top. You also can go side to side, or at angles.
>Takes a bit of getting used to, but it will cause you to put your ND
>filters on eBay. (Hyperbole Alert!)

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson