Re: [OM] Image resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Image resolution
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 07:00:13 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I'm going to disagree with you on this point.  After the problems we've
discussed about using Wratten filters with digital B&W, I'm convinced that the
unavoidable consequences of the camera "correcting" ambient colour temperature
is problematic.  I've resorted to taking the best possible colour photo, which
means correcting with cooling and warming filters to minimise the camera's
interference, then adding the Wratten filter and converting to B&W in
post-processing.

     We had a photo here in the last couple of years that consisted of a winter
scene with snow-covered ground.  The snow reflected the clear blue sky, giving
the snow cover a bluish hue rather than being dead white.  This could have been
corrected with a warming filter.

>What filter is over the lens?  Why?  The only two filters you need in
>digital photography are polarizers and ND filters.  I don't see a  need
>for either one here.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson