Re: [OM] Re Image resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Re Image resolution
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 15:51:49 -0700
On 5/19/2016 12:57 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
No, I don't agree. The albedo of forest leaves ranges from about 15-18%. That tells me that, although they may be reflecting light like mirrors, they're probably 2-3 stops below direct sunlight.

I can't say that it makes sense to make sure that *no* leaves display blown
highlights

Perhaps not, but with proper technique and care, it's possible to minimize it.

but any leaf that does have blown highlights will show as white regardless of the color of the leaf or the color of the light that's falling on it.

Well, kinda. If all three channels are clipped, yes. Otherwise, something
between the original and white.

In the poppy image I just posted, as the red channel clips, it's proportion of a pixel's color declines relative to blue and green, and the color moves both brighter and from orange toward yellow.

Details, Details Moose