Re: [OM] Sunset at Green Valley Lake - Olympus E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunset at Green Valley Lake - Olympus E-1
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:39:02 -0500
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/16/2016 2:07 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>
>> . . .
>> Maybe I should go back to "Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia" references. Or
>> should it be Frank Sinatra?
>>

> Never was a DeadHead, although I sold them a couple of their first pieces
> of audio gear, long before anyone had heard of them. Sinatra might work.
>
> I was never a Deadhead, either. To me, they sound like 8 stoned guys all
playing a different song at the same time. Also? Not a Sinatra fan. I
understand the popularity at the time, with that generation. But that
"lounge singer" thing that the Rat Pack had a monopoly on just leaves me
cold.

> How about Lenny Cohen? Rock from the early days. Blues. Pop is highly
> variable, as I moved in and out. I know, for example, who Prince was, and a
> bit about him, but couldn't name a song, or recall hearing one.
>
> Now your'e talking. Huge fan of Lenny's. Got into him only in recent
years, but bought the box set and caught up in a hurry.  Same with Prince -
took me a while to realize what I'd missed.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie