Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:49:34 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I'll have to post above as too long,complex a thread.

Have to second the motion on the GM-5, 2 lens kit--no right to be such a good
performer at that size. It makes a super "horse cam" kit.  The longer zoom is a
tad soft in the corners wide open, but that is a quibble.  At speeds above
1/500, one is obligated to use the e-shutter and one loses a stop or so of DR
as the file size is smaller---enables the sensor to be read out in about 1/25
to minimize rolling shutter artifacts.  The synch speed is dead slow too of
course.

I don't quite get the attraction of Canyon for digital film as a NEW kit these
days.  I do like the Canyon ergonomics quite a bit and using them is second
nature, but the  Sunny EVF with focus peaking (or even Techart Pro AF adapter!)
is the cat's meow.  The sensor is way better too.  Canyon with Magic Lantern
Hack does make a nice video kit though---can have raw zebras and raw histo if
you wish too.  I should have just listened to AG when he said just get it over
with and buy the Sunny.  I did not like a few issues with it (some fixed like
lossy raw) but it is the only FF digital game in town with so many pluses for
OM Zuiko lenses--only when not mounted on OM of course.

Mike