Re: [OM] Extension Tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension Tubes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 14:51:39 -0400
f is simply the focal length of the lens. When an object is at infinity the image is formed at distance = the focal length.

S1 is the object distance from the lens and S2 is the distance to the image formed by the object. If S1 = infinity then S2 = f. As the object comes closer the image distance starts increasing until when S1 = f then S2 will equal infinity.

But all of these distances are relative to the optical center of the lens. Not easy to determine in a modern lens.

Chuck Norcutt