Re: [OM] IMG: Iranian Money

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Iranian Money
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:12:06 -0700
On 5/10/2016 6:22 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
PESO:

We never got used to using Iranian money.  When we lived in Iran in the
1970's one dollar equaled 8 rials.  Today one dollar equals 30,000 rials.
That makes for awkwardly large amounts of bills so prices are often given
in tomans, which means you knock one zero off of the rial amount.  What Tom
would do is hold out a handful of money and let the merchant choose what he
needed:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000r1PIO5ggNp4

What I like about this image is the contrast in heights. Sort of like Gandalf
in Frodo's hobbit house. :-)

Shirely Moose

.