[OM] An image and some news

Subject: [OM] An image and some news
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 22:48:58 +1200

Hi all,

A little contribution.

Cropped, sharpened
USM14, and the dark zones darkened more, with FastStone Image Viewer.
Hand held.

Maybe there IS global warming. This autumn is
extraordinarily warm. Usually after Easter, (and Easter was late this
year) frosts become a nearly nightly occurrence. This year we have had
at most just three, and even my dahlias have not been cut by them, they
have been so light .

On another tack, we have been in our temporary
lodgings for about 210 days according to my better half who has been
keeping count, since our house was destroyed by fire.

FINALLY, we are
seeing some serious movement from the insurance company and it looks as
though work might begin in 2 - 3 weeks' time. We had a good discussion
with the project manager this morning. The local Council decided that,
since new nation-wide building regulations / standards came into force
about 6 months ago, our building slab was not adequate to support 2
stories. So EVERYTHING has to be ripped out and discarded.

Cheers,
Brian Swale