Re: [OM] IMG: A walk in Amsterdam

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A walk in Amsterdam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:36:36 -0700
On 4/16/2016 12:13 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I spent last Saturday in Amsterdam. I arrived at the Central Station on the train from
Eindhoven around 10 a.m. I then walked to the Rijksmuseum, my first objective for the
day—I had not been there since a major remodeling. After nourishing my soul
with the great art, I walked back towards the centre, stopping at the Kattenkabinet, a
unique art gallery dedicated to art with cats as the main theme. I took lots of
pictures at both venues, and of course also along the streets as I walked. The
resulting gallery is here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/ams_april2016

I quite like the way great DoF and perspective compression in 16_8 make it look as though the man is making repairs on the gutters of a small building.

I'd like to know the story of the waiter in 16_39. An interesting looking fellow looking rather out of place. Aging surfer dude? Laid off construction worker?

Compressed Perspective Moose