Re: [OM] "New" camera

Subject: Re: [OM] "New" camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:02:46 -0700
On 4/18/2016 4:01 AM, Frank wrote:
Even more pedant ;-): the E-PL1 had the older 14-42mm with a plastic mount
as kitlens. It has an additional 'L' on the front lens, if I remember
correctly.

I've not seen any first gen 14-42 in person, and didn't know about that difference. I would have no objection to a plastic mount on such a light lens. (I have somehow accumulated a couple of the II version.)

The same optics though.

More importantly, the same mechanics, so still slow to focus. When the E-P1 came out, one big complaints was the slow AF. When Oly redesigned the 14-42 to their MSC standard, it changed that.

Mounted Moose