Re: [OM] "New" camera

Subject: Re: [OM] "New" camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:07:26 -0700
On 4/17/2016 5:21 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Fast forward 7 years. Maggie still doesn't have a
camera and says she doesn't need one. Nevertheless, she has a birthday
coming up in a month or three and I thought I'd get her another camera.

So, for a huge sum of US$103 I bought an Olympus E-PL1 with the
standard 14-42mm kit lens, for her.

The E-PL1 is fine. If it is the original 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens, it will focus considerably more slowly than the 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II, an internally redesigned lens that started being included in kits with the E-PL2.

The mark II focuses faster on any µ4/3 camera body. I don't know if it will make any difference in this case, but thought you should know.

MFT Pedant Moose