Re: [OM] E-1 Updating

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 Updating
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 21:53:55 -0700
On 4/4/2016 6:27 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I'm on 1.4 for the body.  Not sure if the updater will play nice on OSX El
Capitan... guess it's worth a shot.
Depends on your computer software. Viewer 3.x won't touch in. It won't
work with the E-1 or E-300.

Just a moment's clarification for those with cameras newer than that - Viewer 2.x and 3.x have NOTHING to do with firmware updates on MFT gear (and later 4/3?) Updating is handled by a completely separate app, downloadable from Oly sites.

Of course, we may still get someone who heard AG talking as though Viewer is what one uses to update firmware plaintively asking why it won't work for them.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Un Threaded Moose