Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/3/2016: remembering Brussels

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/3/2016: remembering Brussels
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 06:11:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Any loss of life in these events is saddening, but at the same time the
stories we're hearing of people coming to the aid of the injured are
encouraging as they depict the response of the community at large, more so in
that total strangers are jumping to come to the needs of others.  One that is
repeated here is that of the metro passengers in other carriages forcing the
doors open and evacuating the survivors.

>Tuesday’s terrorist attacks in Brussels affected the people at our office
>deeply. Many of us have lived in Brussels, travel there frequently, have
>family and friends there—all of this is true for me. The places
>attacked—the airport and the Maelbeek metro station—are places through
>which I pass every time I am in town. One of my colleagues lost her
>20-year old nephew in the Maelbeek attack. So we really meant it when our
>flag was put at half mast yesterday:
>
>http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-bFm5PCR/A
>
>And when we gathered in the lobby at noon to observe a minute’s silence:
>
>http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-VWfPKR6/A

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson