[OM] Nathan's PAD 11/3/2016: the last picture of Taco

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/3/2016: the last picture of Taco
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 13:13:30 +0100
Our beloved kitty Taco is not with us anymore. This week he stopped eating and
was basically just sleeping all the time, or sitting under the table. I took
him to the vet Thursday afternoon. She examined him and gave him an
anti-inflammatory injection in case it was just some garden variety illness.
But he deteriorated further yesterday, and so at 5 p.m. I took him back to the
vet for a blood test. About 1 1/2 hour later the verdict came. Taco’s kidneys
were failing completely and he had only days to live. There was really only one
possible decision, but I could not make it on my own. My wife is in Colorado
visiting our son, and my daughter is in Cardiff, so after a conference call
during which the family decided, I called the vet and said that I was coming
with Taco. Just before leaving home, I made a quick video of Taco with my
phone—Monica wanted to see her kitty alive one last time...

Isabel has been our vet ever since we moved to this neighbourhood 8 years ago,
and she handled everything with utmost compassion and care. Taco went to kitty
heaven peacefully, with no pain, and with my hand gently caressing his soft fur
throughout.

Before starting the procedure, I asked Isabel to pose for me so I could get one
last picture of Taco:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-k2jh98c/A

RIP, Taco Cat Wajsman. Born in Brussels 14 February 2000, died in Alicante 11
March 2016.

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>