[OM] IMG: Was Amazon Cloud Drive; Now New Configuration

Subject: [OM] IMG: Was Amazon Cloud Drive; Now New Configuration
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:27:30 -0600
Last week, I was pondering growing pains in storage requirements. Working with my son, the Systems Analyst, I have, hopefully, solved the problem for some time to come.

I purchased a WD My Book external drive of 8TB, connected with USB 3,on sale at Best Buy. With that in place, I moved all of the photo files that I will likely access to a folder on that drive. Then I cleaned up my eSATA backup drive and the C: drive. I now have plenty of space for large photo files, system files and adequate space for system backups. Photo backups are done periodically to bare hard drives.

The only lesson-learned in the process was this. If you decide to run the Windows Disk Cleanup utility, DO NOT check the box to clean up Windows Updates. That process failed, and it took 10 hours for the system to restore 2 years of Windows Update files.

Here is the Systems Analyst at work, an image done to check out the new system:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Systems+Analyst+at+Work.TIFF.html

X-E1 with 35/2.0.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--