Re: [OM] A new use for an old Volkswagen

Subject: Re: [OM] A new use for an old Volkswagen
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 19:57:59 +0100
Love this one

Amities
Philippe

Le 29 févr. 16 à 13:46, Brian Gray via olympus a écrit :

Chuck Norcutt said 'Do people simply ride in the car or can the boat be
  driven from the car?'
On 2/28/2016 10:38 AM, Brian Gray via olympus wrote:

I was surprised to see this sight recently while walking beside the Grand Union Canal near Hemel Hempstead. Fortuneately I was carrying my
   OMD EM5 - Three pictures taken in Program mode.
   [1][1]http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=19588
   Brian Gray

I do not know. When I took the pictures, I assumed that I was looking
  at the back of the moored boat (it was alongside a smaller boat).
  But forward visibility would be poor as can be seen from the
photographs, and looking at the shape of the hull below the car body I
  wonder if it is the bow rather than the stern.
  From my experience of looking at canal boats from towpaths, the
helmsman/woman is usually at the stern along with the engine controls
  in an open cockpit.  And I would not expect
any passengers to be looking backwards rather than ahead. I will have to look more closely if I see anything like it again when I am in the
  area!
  Brian Gray