Re: [OM] Do I need to find another place to shop?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do I need to find another place to shop?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:51:11 -0800
I shop at Amazon now more than anywhere else.
I think unions in the EU may make the warehouse working conditions tolerable. Here in the US the conditions in warehouses are horrific. Amazon has a reputation as the worst, even beating Walmart. They don't discriminate as at B&H. They treat _everyone_ as expendable trash all the while Jeff Bezos is on the cover of the economic mags.

<http://www.salon.com/2014/02/23/worse_than_wal_mart_amazons_sick_brutality_and_secret_history_of_ruthlessly_intimidating_workers/>

So for now my go-to is Costco if possible. They have a better reputation for how they treat their workers and suppliers. A friend of mine is a supplier and has some interesting stories about the oversight process. Costco is very thorough even extending to Mike's (friend) facility in China. He won't work for Walmart.

Mike