Re: [OM] Gus-Gus's World - APOSTROPHE ALERT!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Gus-Gus's World - APOSTROPHE ALERT!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:41:31 -0600
>I should revise that slightly, Chris: it’s common with a plural (that ends
>with ’s’) to omit the final ’s’.  But it’s quite reasonable to write
>something like ‘Chris’s camera’ or ‘Jesus’s cloak’ (although the Bible
>translation that I read omits that final ’s’).

I can tell you what we normally do in the church world.

While Christ' or Jesus' would be the proper usage in print, we usually
write Christ's or Jesus's. The reason has to do with visual clarity
and reflection of how it is said. Sometimes, we do use the "es", but
that seems to be more of a denominational standard in some cases than
widespread usage.

The apostrophe-only version leads to confusion and verbal struggles.
If we don't use the s, it always gets questioned.

AG's Schnozz