Re: [OM] IMG: Repair of WWII Concrete

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Repair of WWII Concrete
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:59:46 -0600
Is there a home-grown replacement for the PT6? And anyway, it's canadian, almost home grown...

-----Original Message----- From: ChrisB
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2016 3:21 AM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion

Bill

I’m sure that the T6 as produced by Beechcraft is a lovely machine, but the RAF’s procurement system tends to take a perfectly decent product and mess around with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Government insisted on putting some crappy home-grown engine into it, removing the rudder trim and disabling the ejection seat.

I gather that they have done something similar with the new Grob 120 for elementary flying training. It’s powerful machine with retractable undercarriage but they have removed the ejection seat and the oxygen system, I hear.

We should have learned from the mess we made of the F4: put a RR Spey in and make it the draggiest F4 in the world, so the feeling was at the time.

Chris