Re: [OM] See? I am NOT a loser!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] See? I am NOT a loser!!!!
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:15:57 -0800
Bravo, Paul! Go get 'em. There was never anything wrong with you. We simply live in a time of systemic disruption where lots of good people are being let loose, and lots of companies are focused on hiring young people who will work for lousy pay and no benefits. Experience is not always a plus, in fact, in the face of current trends, it is a minus. Go figure.

When I worked for an academic institution, which shall go unnamed, the problem wasn't the PhDs with egos. Although a significant subgroup of them had trouble changing their passwords, and all of that group were Mac users. :-) Our problem was the business prof they put in charge of the IT department, who had graduated from the Niccolo Machiavelli School of Management.

My last employer before retiring (and my longest) was a "think tank" company that had many public health researchers. Nicest bunch of people I've ever worked with.

--Peter