Re: [OM] Pictures!

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 13:09:59 -0800
On 2/5/2016 10:26 PM, ChrisB wrote:
Sorry to have taken so long to get to it, Moose, but I enjoyed that stroll
around Blake House.

I'm glad. :-)

I liked the long shot of the bridge and the bay; looking at the map it’s
interesting to see that you can get a shot of that bay from that far inland with all
the trees.

The hills East of the SF Bay are fairly steep, so there are many places with good views. Blake Garden runs from about 600 to 500 ft., with that shot at about 575'. We are South of there and higher, almost 1,000', but there are some big trees down the hill, so our view is "filtered".

I liked the shivery reflections

Nice to hear. That is a bit of experiment. I made the 'cells' harder edged,
'cause I liked the effect.

and the closeups of the flora.

I've always loved close-ups of flowers, so one of my concerns with any kit without direct macro capability is how well it works with tubes. This lens passed. :-)

It looks like a lovely day.

Indeed, it was. It's a place with what you might call reverse hours. As there's a residence in the middle, the gardens are only open during working hours, 9:30-4:30 weekdays, closed weekends and holidays. It's also not on a main road nor advertised, so it's never crowded. :-) I'd invited along Carol by message, which she missed. When she saw the photos, she had to go herself a couple of days later.

And I liked having the map available to see your location: it’s the first time that I’ve bothered to click on
‘Map’ and I’m glad that I did. I suppose that you haven’t long provided that facility so
here’s a vote for it :-)

It's all John H's fault. ;-) His question about embedding a hyperlink to a map in a JPEG got me thinking. One reason I stick with the Singapore Gallery is that it's easy to modify and expand what's done with EXIF info. Dan Mitchell showed me the way, and I've added a lot since then. Since I'd already extracted and displayed Lat-Long, setting up a links to maps was easy.

Looks like lovely weather for a few days. While I hope for more rain, and snow in the mountains, soon, I hope to make hay (and photos) while the sun shines. More gardens and paths nearby, and Spring has started to spring out there.

Springy Moose