[OM] British Television Photography

Subject: [OM] British Television Photography
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 09:28:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Many, many years ago when I lived in Britain for a short period of time, I
couldn't happen but to notice that the television programmes had an enhanced
aspect of depth that was absent in American television.  One of the retro
channels here is broadcasting the entire Avengers series in chronological
order, and I'm noticing that aspect once again.

     The first couple of episodes got my curiosity up as there was no female
character, and looking up the history of the series on Wikipedia I learned that
I had watched the only two remaining episodes from the initial 1961 season.
Now I'm watching episodes with Honor Blackman and Julie Stevens, years before
Diana Rigg appeared.

     Anyway, one of the things mentioned in the Wikipedia history was that two
cameras were used in the recording, and I'm wondering if this is the method by
which they got that extra sense of depth.  Anyone here knowledgeable about this?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson