[OM] OT-- Preferred hiking app with no cellular connection?

Subject: [OM] OT-- Preferred hiking app with no cellular connection?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:49:41 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
CVO has some extensive hiking excursions in Switzerland in planning stage for
June.
Given our propensity to have trouble finding the trails, thought a no cellular
connection required app might be wise.  One listee mentioned Gaia GPS which
looks interesting but
does not have Swiss topo maps available as far as I could tell.  I believe one
can scan paper maps and "warp" them into the app somehow, but that sounds a bit
mysterious and
problematic to me.   There is a Swizerlandmobility app that is free but
requires one to join some Swiss thing for a yearly fee and the detailed
directions are in German or French--suppose can translate.

http://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/gratis-app-schweizmobil.html

 It has the topo maps too
and can plan route pre-trip.  I bet the trails are well marked, but best to be
able to confirm position now and again.  Thanks for any comments.

Will have an OM kit so partly on topic.  :-)

No wrong turns, Mike