[OM] (OM) (OT) Digital kid's book

Subject: [OM] (OM) (OT) Digital kid's book
From: "Rick Beckrich" <ribec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 23:08:08 +0100
   Way off topic, but I wanted to report that after several months of
   effort, we managed to convert my childrens
   hardcover book,"The Little Crow That Could Not CAW", into digital
   format.

   It is now available for sale as an Amazon Kindle productfor tablets and
   other handheld, as well as PCs.
   As you know, the Kindle reader program is a free app for all devices
   from Amazon.

   At the risk of boring everone to death, I will mention that the project
   was compounded by the loss of the original art
   by my former publisher. However, with the input from so many of you on
   this list, the problem was solved and quality
   scans were obtained from a pristine print copy.

   The challenge of creating a semi-animated digital version from the
   print original was accomplished with some great help
   from the Kindle team, and a lot of pure old-fashioned good luck.

   If you have someone in the 4-to8 year range, I think they will enjoy
   this tale... and the e-book price is a super bargain.

   Thanks everyone.

   Rick