Re: [OM] Audio and Moose recommendations was Re: it's been a long time

Subject: Re: [OM] Audio and Moose recommendations was Re: it's been a long time
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:54:06 -0600
How well the deck utilizes the CIRC has changed over the years.
Frankly, I think that anything made in the last 10 years is junk for
CD playback.

The older decks would get mushy sound as they had to get into
interpolation, but the new ones don't even bother trying to
interpolate and you get skips, blips, clicks, buzzes and just
failures. I had one machine that I got out of a radio station, but
later sold when I needed the cash, that was simply unstoppable.
However, from a sonic perspective, it was dumbed down a little bit to
be ultra-reliable, not ultra-perfect. Then SONY started dominating
that industry and the sound quality improved, but the reliability went
the opposite direction.

But to put it into perspective, the worst CD player is still better
than the best MP3 player.

AG (I hate bit-rate-reduction) Schnozz