Re: [OM] an image

Subject: Re: [OM] an image
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:33:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Wonderful!  Such a nice array of colours, forms, and textures.

     I meant to reply to your earlier post of having set side photography due
to employment circumstances.  I had set aside cycling for a very long time,
using my beloved 1975 Motobecane Grand Tour only once in a while.  Four years
ago I came across a Nishiki Grand Touring in a thrift store that c aught my
attention by way of the barcon shifters.  A closer look revealed that it had
been modified with a lot of expensive parts, but the price tag was a mere
$18.49 ($24.99 minus the 25% senior discount).  I bought it in a flash, took it
home, then disassembled it and gave it a thorough cleaning.  I later found that
the expensive parts added up to more than $1,200!  Some of them did not work
well together, so it has been further modified.

     The cycling bug bit me hard, and now I have a nice collection of mostly
French bikes prior to 1984.  Plus I am a member of a local bike co-op, working
as a volunteer mechanic one day a week.  It's all healthy exercise and social
interaction.

>Taken at the cape a year ago.  I miss the cape especially Wellfleet Bay
>Wildlife Sanctuary.
>
>https://richardlovison.wordpress.com/

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson