Re: [OM] IMG: Shoeshine

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shoeshine
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:41:36 -0800
On 1/20/2016 3:41 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
Yes, the newspaper looks sharper but everything else just looks "smeary" to
me.

I don't disagree, but that was all processed the same, so whatever is true of the newspaper is true of the rest. I would appear that what you see is all the detail that the film and lens captured. I know that with some film I've been disappointed with the detail when I scan images that I think are, or "should be" better. But no matter how I do them, it's just not there.

I prefer the grain.

It's possible to do the tonal adjustments without touching the grain. Or to sharpen the less grainy alternative. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Shoeshine.htm>

I'm giving up on these for the time being but may return to them in another
life.

Not a bad plan.

Alternatives Moose

--
hat if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what it's all about?