Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane??

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane??
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:47:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Doubtful.  We've been having our own odd tropical cyclone weather this
past season with one almost making landfall at Los Angeles and the first
category 5 eastern Pacific storm to make landfall.

     Hurricane Alex is a real oddity, and it's getting odditier and odditier.
The NHC 0700 EST forecast now shows that it will get a few hundred miles
southeast of Greenland and then make a sharp turn to the west towards
Newfoundland, crossing the mouth of the Davis Strait and the Labrador Sea as a
post-tropical category 1 storm.

>..... of any concern to the good folk of Arizona :-)
>
>jh
>

>On 1/14/2016 8:38 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>>       Yes, we have a hurricane in January.  Hurricane Alex is presently
>>a category 1 storm 300 miles south of the Azores, moving northward.  Looks
>>like it will make landfall on the south end of Greenland over the weekend.
>>
>>       This is the first hurricane to develop in January since 1938.
>>
>>       Weird.
>>
>>       And we have a nor-easter developing for this coming weekend.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson