Re: [OM] Geo tag conundrum--stumped.

Subject: Re: [OM] Geo tag conundrum--stumped.
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 17:53:57 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Update ---All is repaired but the underlying issue remains a conundrum.  I
strongly suspected there was something askew with Geosetter as had uploaded the
file 3 times  using different techniques and the problem remained.  The issue
was with the GPS  data in the files despite Geosetter and Windoze having no
issue finding the data.  Photome could not see the GPS data on the affected
files as well.  The original small jpegs were tagged fine by the Igot-u
software accrding to all software.  I then re-tagged the files using a
different Geosetter procedure to load the data from a "selected file" rather
than "matched" files.  Geosetter said something about timezone data missing and
then supplied the correct one.  The new procedure worked perfectly even though
I don't really  understand what was wrong. Odd that the other images were
tagged just fine using my usual technique.    I hope this problem  doesn't
recur as it is a time sapper.

Rather develop a solution than be enlightened, but prefer both,  Mike