Re: [OM] Legacy lens for copy work

Subject: Re: [OM] Legacy lens for copy work
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 19:03:06 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Distance from working Moose writes:
<<The problem for me would be working distance. Sure, it's got the AoV of a 70
mm, but the working distance is still that of a 35 mm lens. Get in that close,
and the bug can carve its name (Kilroy, of course) in the lens FE. :-) Possibly
good for what Bill is looking to do, though.

Well if one considers mag ratio I suppose that is technically correct, but
filling the frame and "apparent mag" is more important.   One effectively gets
more working distance on MFT/ 4/3 sensor than FF at same FL--not twice  FF
however as Chuck had previously stated:

http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/msg05530.html

Becomes complex very quickly given the design of macro lenses and the FL
shortening in many/most as mag increases.   I wonder what the "effective FL" as
it relates to working distance at say "1:4" or 1:8 on FF  with the MFT 60/2.8.
I bet closer to a 90-100 on FF.

Mag ratio doesn't change, I know,  with change in format--but you know what I
mean.

Don't spook the critters, Mike