Re: [OM] OT: Collector or Hoarder?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Collector or Hoarder?
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:34:41 -0500
I had a little $50 GPS, bought from Hong Kong, for my D800. It plugged into
the shutter release port, and even had an accessory that would allow one to
release the shutter while the GPS tagger was in place. I used it on the
2013 trip to Scotland, and results where less than acceptable. If I stood
around for a while and turned in circles with the camera and said the
proper incantations, I could get a very good reading, long with the
direction in which the camera was facing. All too often, I did not wait
long enough and I got locations from hours, sometimes days, before. I
_knew_ those shots from Mull were not taken on Skye, but it took a while to
recall where on Mull I had been.

With the iPhone, there's no such problem.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal