Re: [OM] Bales and Farm House - OM-3Ti and 28/2 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Bales and Farm House - OM-3Ti and 28/2 Lens
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:45:33 -0500
The older I get, the more I agree with Nathan that sharpness is a bourgeois
concept. I do agree, however, that it often helps to over crunch just a wee
bit before printing on matte paper, especially some of the superb textured
papers such as made by Canson.

But this really is a different-strokes situation. Or different eyes. A
while back, when shooting with a 4x5, I wasn't truly happy unless I could
count every individual needle in an array of pine needles. Now, not so
much. I even like to add a little bit of glow to an image to soften up just
a gooch. Glow is easy with all the apps available, but I think it simulates
what you can do in Photoshop with a bit of gaussian blur.

I handled AG's dilemma on image for web v image for print by ignoring image
for web pretty much entirely, because I didn't want to hassle the subtle
differences. Now that I'm not printing, I may revisit that decision.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal