Re: [OM] House on High Street

Subject: Re: [OM] House on High Street
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:14:05 -0500
Damn if you don't learn something every day! Thanks. Reminds me that I was
in my 30s before I learned that a fair number of folks in my part of
western North Carolina were Union sympathizers. Their remnants, in my
youth, were the few Republicans that existed in North Carolina. (They were
known as ridge Republicans, and held in contempt.) All of that has changed
now with the massive infusion of yankee Republicans into the state. (Other
factors as well, but this isn't the place.) All of that said, I'll wager if
we wandered up to the door, the flyer of those flags, if honest, wouldn't
be talking about history and heritage. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal