Re: [OM] IMGS: Raw Oysters

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Raw Oysters
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:01:31 +0000
We do get oysters, but not many in this area (San Felipe, at 31.0275 N,
114.8353 W), as the bottom is mostly sand and the tidal variation is as
much as 20 feet. I'm thinking it's the tides that cause us to have few
oysters that grow to a good, edible size, as most that I see here are quite
small. However, I really do not know. But no Atlantic blue crabs (and for
some reason, also unknown to me, not many crabs at all), so I think that's
the critical missing piece.

---
Scott