Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Christmas Tree

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Christmas Tree
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:56:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The Ayers Turbo Thrush certainly has enough power for the job.  I get to
see them spraying cotton fields out here.  They can pull up sharply at the end
of a swath, make a tight hairpin turn, then return for the next swath.  Got to
take a ride in one once.  That PT-6 engine is just right.

     But armed?  Maybe with a pair of Daisy air rifles.

>As to the converted Ag airplanes, this process was apparently started by
>a US Govt. project to destroy fields where narcotic crops were grown.
>They were armored, and possibly armed, because the fields were
>defended.  The market widened and many of these machines ended up in the
>Middle East, where, I agree, governments can be repressive.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson