Re: [OM] (OT) iPhone image

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) iPhone image
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 09:21:50 -0600
Nice image, Michael. I suspect that the propeller is turning around 2000 rpm, or 33 revolutions per second. That, when combined with the shutter speed selected by the iPhone, results in the capture of multiple blades.

I observed something similar when photographing a passing car beneath a sodium vapor street light, which has a high frequency flicker.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA