Re: [OM] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:34:29 -0500
It's all about the ergonomics, menus, wheel, buttons and the ability of the
camera to take the photos that you intend to take.  My Fuji had a mind of
its own and would change exposures, settings, menus when I had never
touched a single button, on purpose.  I've never bought a Leica that I've
regretted, I've never bought a Fuji that I haven't regretted.  That's just
my experience.  I'm very happy with a camera that will use my old lenses,
autofocus with new lenses, and give me the photos that I intend to take
when I look through the viewfinder.  So far, I'm very happy and have no
regrets at all.

Tina

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 6:27 PM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am working on trying to understand how a US$7,450 body only camera ....
> plus matching lens costing upwards of US$5,000 ......... can generate
> photos that are proportionately more superior to those coming from a humble
> Fuji X-T1.
>

> jh
>
> On 11/26/2015 6:54 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> I will remind those who have noticed banding in the shadows, that I am
>> just
>> learning how to use the camera.  I noticed that my User Profile had been
>> set for Manual exposure which resulted in some severely underexposed
>> photos
>> which I tried to rescue in PS and LR.  I assumed that if I set the ISO for
>> Auto, everything else would default to 1/f for the speed and whatever
>> aperture would work with the chosen ISO.  That is not the way it works.
>> If
>> the exposure is 5 stops below the needed exposure, that is what you will
>> get.  That will come in handy when I don't need Auto exposure!  When I do,
>> I need to set the camera for a different profile.
>>
>> I'm working on it!
>>
>> Tina
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Goss,Steve <SGOSS@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Tina-
>>> It's not noticeable on the first one , and is most noticeable on the
>>> second, between the eyes in the very darkest part.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve Goss | MDI System Engineer | Cerner Corporation | Mobile: (816)
>>> 885-3259 | Fax: (816) 571-8560 | sgoss@xxxxxxxxxx | www.cerner.com
>>> For latest news and information on DeviceWorks Solutions please visit:
>>>
>>> https://www.ucern.com/community/cerner/solution_forums/groups/devices-community
>>> I will be out of the office December 28 through 31, and during Cerner
>>> standard holidays

Tina Manley
http://
<http://t.sidekickopen29.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJN7t5XYgfmKYPW4WzBHl3Mx_9dW3LqWkM56dQ1Jf7P8b5b02?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftina-manley.artistwebsites.com%2F&si=6038418186567680&pi=29b12f05-6165-4d21-8806-f649da24a76b>