Re: [OM] LR, Photo imports

Subject: Re: [OM] LR, Photo imports
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:09:56 -0800
On 11/20/2015 3:32 PM, Scott Gomez wrote:
As you have a gmail account, Bob, are you able to turn on auto upload of
photos to your google account? Neither the wife nor I ever really think of
whether photos are going where we need them any more, but then, we're on
Android phones (Nexus 5 for me, and Nexus 6 for the esposa). It works over
cellular or wifi, runs totally unnoticed in the background, and photos
uploaded automatically are stored as private. Then it's simple to
just download (or share them) from there. Or does Apple block that feature
on iPhones?

Google Photos works fine for me, just as you describe. I didn't suggest it to Bob, as it's an extra step to download them. I use Dropbox, also free and automagic if you set it that way because it puts the stuff I want on my desktop without further steps or thought on my part.

Magic Moose