Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:35:23 -0800
On 11/14/2015 3:58 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
This didn't make sense to me. I can understand support going away but how does the publisher "revoke" them and what does that mean?

When you buy into iOS, you buy into complete control by Apple. Upside? Ever hear of any malware on an iThingie? Downside? They can, for their own reasons, such as the discovery of misbehavior, remove an app from your devices. Also, when an app isn't updated to the latest hardware/OS versions and the software maker is no longer supporting it, they may remove it.

I believe such a thing happened to me once; an app I was sure I remembered
simply not being there.

I suppose if one has an app that doesn't require connectivity, disabling cell
connectivity and Wi-Fi would keep it working.

A microcosmic metaphor for the good and bad sides of totalitarianism. :-)

Tzar Moose