Re: [OM] Gullah sweetgrass baskets

Subject: Re: [OM] Gullah sweetgrass baskets
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:31:13 -0500
The Sweetgrass baskets have become very popular over the last decade or so.
They have marketed themselves well and the baskets are well made and very
durable. If one starts to fray, the woman who made it will usually repair
it for you. After my Mom passed away, I was cleaning out her attic and came
across a box containing about  a half dozen SG baskets my mother had bought
when we were kids to use as Easter baskets. Unfortunately the box had been
crushed and the baskets were misshapen. I took them by one of the basket
stands up Highway 17 and asked one of the ladies if they could be repaired.
She told me to soak them in water and stuff them with wadded towels and let
dry. Worked like a charm.

Charlie

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx