Re: [OM] Gullah sweetgrass baskets

Subject: Re: [OM] Gullah sweetgrass baskets
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 20:23:42 -0500
Many years ago my wife bought one about the same size as that $150 one for our daughter-in-law for about $30. But she never bought one for herself. We've been in Charleston a few times since but she could never bring herself to pay today's prices. I finally convinced her this last trip that it was fine to splurge a little on herself. She did bargain for a nice $85(?) basket for $70 but I wish she'd spent more and gotten a bigger one.

Thanks for the compliments on the photo. I like the way I cropped it but I may revisit the color. It looks about the way the light was at the time but the shade under the awning is a bit too blue I think. I may change it.

Chuck Norcutt