Re: [OM] Oops - Madness [was Sample Senior Portrait de Dos]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oops - Madness [was Sample Senior Portrait de Dos]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:00:46 -0600
Bloody Moose wrote:

> The latest development software can do that, even output layers for PS, or
> so it says. So the "how" is as 2D images in the conventional manner, but
> with greater control of their creation and final appearance.

This is what I've been thinking of for myself too. I can see this
camera as a great tool for some studio photography. The technology is
brilliant, but as is usual with millions of other startup failures,
it's a solution looking for a problem instead of a problem looking for
a solution.

> Correct. And Lytron has abandoned both this camera and this direction in
> trying to exploit the technology. OTOH, they just received a $50 million
> second funding, to change direction, so perhaps some measure of support will
> continue at least for a while.

I wouldn't count on it. I think it will end up as a patent sale and a
dead end. However, variations of this could have tremendous
application in medical and industry.

> It's possible, perhaps likely, that the whole thing will be an experiment
> that fails. In which case, I hope to have had $400 worth of fun in the
> process, and maybe even learned something. But I also see the potential
> situation as analogous to AG and his never ending E-1 saga; the camera is
> obsolete in many ways, but continues to create images he likes that he can't
> get in any other way.

I'm so honored.

AG