Re: [OM] Sample Senior Portrait Uno

Subject: Re: [OM] Sample Senior Portrait Uno
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 14:59:41 -0800
On 11/3/2015 6:59 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Can't say this is a good illustration of the 35-80's wonderful bokeh.
Whatever the combination of foreground and background distances, focal
length and aperture, there's lots of small highlights that have gone to hard
edged circles, some even with dark centers.
I think that's an artifact of the sharpening and other adjustments in
Lightroom.

Why I love layers. :-)

I've got variations of this shot with harsher and softer
bokeh, but this one had just enough edge to it to fit her personality.
I did shoot a bit wide on this, but at 80mm and F4, the image is very
close to what your adjusted version looks like.

Also, keep in mind that the sun is behind and shining through the
trees. This type of light does weird things as compared to reflected
light. Each highlight is not just a lit object, but is acting like a
light source.

Yes, that's clear in the image. Not even that bad; I just notice when famous paragons of virtue fall a bit short. I've posted this more than once, but the tiny sources turning into donuts still gets me. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Misc/5018bokeh.htm>

Point Sourced Moose