Re: [OM] IMG: Large & Small

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Large & Small
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:18:02 +1030
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 01:22:53PM +1100, Wayne Harridge wrote:
> I learnt to type on an ASR-33 teletype, it was many years before I started
> to use lowercase !
>
> ...Wayne

I used to write up my TAFE assignments on my Dick Smith VZ300 with word
processor software (loaded off cassette), and used one of those
teletypes as a printer. Homebrew centronics->serial converter: 74LS165
shift register using a 555 as a clock, with a LED, and a phototransistor
in the TTs current loop (it didn't have the RS-232 card). THOSE were the
days (now you'd do it with a microcontroller*)!

davidt

* It seems that nowadays if you want to anything (even blink a LED),
you'd use a microcontroller!