Re: [OM] another side of B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] another side of B&H
From: "Nathan Wajsman" <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:48:09 +0200 (CEST)
Chris, I think the difference is that the 17 days refer to public holidays
observed by B&H (I assume that standard US holidays such as July 4 and
Thanksgiving, plus Jewish holidays)--so those days are days off but the
dates are fixed. In contrast, the 3 weeks vacation time is to be taken at
the employee's discretion.

At our office, we have 18 holidays each year, mainly the standard ones
like Christmas, Easter etc., plus the Spanish ones, plus the week between
Christmas and New Year. In addition to that, I have around 35 days of
annual leave, to be taken when I want (obviously in agreement with my
boss).

Cheers,
Nathan

Op Vr, 16 oktober, 2015 07:55, schreef ChrisB:
> Thatâ??s interesting, Mike.  But what is the difference between "17 paid
> days off annually" and "3-weeks paid vacation timeâ??
>
> In my job I have 30 days paid leave available to me; my employer does not
> discriminate between the one and the other.
>
> Chris
>
>> On 16 Oct 15, at 01:00, Mike Gordon via olympus
>> <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> AG writes.
>> <<It's a poorly written article with many mixed up facts and
>> assumptions.
>>

>> B&H released a statement:
>>
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/11326/statement.html
>> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/11326/statement.html>