Re: [OM] [OT] South Carolina Flooding

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] South Carolina Flooding
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:04:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      Before anyone gets on my case about what I've said about the Sierra
>> Club, I
>>used to be an elected member of the state-level Excom.  It was there that I
>>discovered
>>what they were doing with their money, memberships, and issues such as Salt
>>Cedar.  I
>>left that outfit many years ago because of what I saw.
>
>I had my Sierra Club membership too, until a particular presidential
>election when they got so blatantly off the tracks politically. I was
>in the midst of documenting a couple of serious toxic and illegal dump
>sites and I needed help and was to bug off because it didn't fit their
>then current agenda. As I recall, "Acid Rain" was the end of the world
>as we knew it.

     If you REALLY want to get your ire up, take a look at what they did to the
Florida chapter a number of years ago.  They suspended them for three years
because they were pursuing Clorox for dumping waste into the flow that went to
the Everglades.  All for a $100,000 quid pro quo "donation".  The national
treasurer at that time was a woman who had locked horns with me many times in
poublic in any and all circumstances to promote herself.  She was her own
agenda.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson