Re: [OM] Some more rain at Murrells Inlet

Subject: Re: [OM] Some more rain at Murrells Inlet
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 12:41:25 -0400 (EDT)

>ps:  This is a separate weather system and has nothing to do with the
>hurricane which is still a long way away.

     I'm going to agree and disagree with you here.  The near proximity of the
low-pressure system and Joaquin allowed the low-pressure system to strip
abundant moisture from the western side of Joaquin.  This can be seen on both
satellite water vapor data and the current NAM charts.  This makes me suspect
that the earlier forecasts seen on UKMET, GFS, and NAM where Joaquin turned
abruptly westward resulted from confusion with the close approach of these two
major systems.

     According to current NWS Charleston radar and GOES East satellite data,
the densest moisture is passing NNW between Charleston and Myrtle Beach.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson