[OM] Cambo Actus (view camera controls for mirrorless bodies)

Subject: [OM] Cambo Actus (view camera controls for mirrorless bodies)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 08:25:19 -0400
http://www.clydebutcher.com/photographs/8

In the link I posted earlier I noticed that the photos marked as "New" in the link above have not been taken with Clyde's customary huge view cameras. Rather they have been taken using the Cambo Actus <https://www.cambo.com/en/news/cambo-actus-mini-view-camera-introduction/> along with a 36MP Sony a7r (combo sold here for $3990) <https://captureintegration.com/cambo-actus-and-sony-a7r-bundle/> using Mamiya RZ lenses. On Clyde's own pages he calls it Cambo "Artus" rather than the correct name "Actus". Prints are made on an Epson Sylus 4800 or 9800 using Ultra-chrome K3 ink.

I'm quite astonished to see him using digital. His prints are still very expensive.

$4,000 for the rig is not cheap but you can still get Mamiya RZ or RB lenses pretty cheap. <https://www.keh.com/search/list?pmnt=Mamiya+RZ> Incidentally, the Cambo Actus can be mounted on lots of other bodies including full-frame and m.4/3. Lens plates are available for a #0 hole, M39 thread, Leica R, Hasselblad, Mamiya RB-RZ or Nikon F.

An interesting development for landscape and architectural photographers.

Chuck Norcutt